Mount Gravatt East makes up one-third of the district that is Mount Gravatt, which got its name from Mount Gravatt (mountain) being its most prominent landmark. The suburb is located 8 kilometers away from the Brisbane CBD.
The good thing about this suburb is that it is pretty close to everything. It only takes a short 5-minute drive to Garden City and Carindale shopping centres. There are countless things to do as it is also close to Mount Gravatt Plaza, the Mount Gravatt Showgrounds, as well as cafes and shops on Logan Rd.
The biggest plus for Mount Gravatt East is that it is not prone to floods. The only downside to it is that the house prices are gradually starting to go up as more and more people settle in the area.
Population: As per the Australian Census 2011, the number of people residing in Enoggera is 10,891 of which 50.9% are females and 41.1% are males. The median age is 34.
Lifestyle and People (Top 5)
- Independent Youth – 15.7%
- Established Couples & Families – 15.2%
- Older Couples & Families – 14.4%
- Maturing Couples & Families – 12.8%
- Maturing & Established Independence – 12.3%
Income ($/weekly) – The average income by a single person is $669. The average household income, on the other hand, is $1,734 per week.
Employment Profile – 62.3% (over the age of 15) are employed full time, 27.3% do part time work. The unemployment rate in Brisbane City is 4.9%.
- Seton College
- Mount Gravatt East State School
- Australian Institute of Advanced Studies
- Piptree Early Learning
- Brisbane Adventist School – Mount Gravatt, QLD
Clubs and Sports
- Mount Gravatt Bowls Club – Mount Gravatt, QLD, 4122
- Mt Gravatt Junior AFC – Upper Mount Gravatt, QLD, 4122
- Dragon Badminton Club – Mount Gravatt, QLD, 4122
- Mt Gravatt Soccer Club – Upper Mount Gravatt, QLD, 4122
- Salisbury Super Sports – Upper Mount Gravatt, QLD, 4122